2020 Kia Soul Fuel Tank Size & MPG
Fuel efficiency is an incredibly important thing to think about and shop for when buying a new car in Muncie. The amount you’ll spend on gas is, after all, a big part of your vehicle’s total-cost-to-own. When looking at the 2020 Kia Soul, fuel efficiency is more than just MPG: we must also look at both the fuel tank size and how many miles, on average, the 2020 Kia Soul gets.
How Big is the Fuel Tank in the 2020 Kia Soul?
The new Kia Soul benefits from a larger-than-average fuel tank which can hold up to 14.2 gallons of gasoline. The Kia Soul uses low-cost Regular Unleaded gasoline (octane 87 or higher), even in its turbocharged Exclaim (!) trim level.
When it comes to the Kia Soul’s competitors, you can see that the fuel tanks given to these vehicles often feel more comfortable sticking with the “subcompact” portion of the “subcompact crossover” class name.
- 2020 Honda HR-V – 13.2 gallons
- 2020 Chevrolet Trax/Buick Encore – 14 gallons
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 – 12.7 gallons
- 2020 Toyota CH-R – 13.2 gallons
- 2020 Jeep Renegade – 12.7 gallons
- 2020 Ford EcoSport – 13.6 gallons
2020 Kia Soul MPG & Driving Range
So how does this affect how far you can go between refueling? Working with the EPA-estimated 27 combined MPG of the Kia Soul LX, we get a total cruising range of 397.6 miles in every tank. We should also state that we don’t recommend ever driving until you’re empty, but in emergency situations, it’s nice to know how far you can go!
What cities can you visit with only one tank of gas in the 2020 Kia Soul?
- You could visit the music hotspot that is Nashville, TN.
- You could see the great arch and the free museums of St. Louis, MO.
- Travel north and west, and you’ll be able to see the beautiful Wisconsin state capitol of Madison, WI.
- What about the birthplace of the market automobile? That’s right, you can get to Detroit, MI.
- Heading further in that direction, cross the border and enjoy the beautiful Canadian city of London, ON.
- With its attraction-packed riverfront corridor and resurgent rust-belt charm, we have no doubt you’ll love Pittsburgh, PA.
(Please note that fuel efficiency will vary with driving conditions and behavior.)
Compare 2020 Kia Soul Range to the Competition
As you can see, the 2020 Kia Soul frees you to go further on the open road. How does the Soul’s range compare to its competition? Great question! Let’s look at the models to which we compared the fuel tank size earlier and see how far their tanks will let you get, also factoring in these models’ EPA-estimated fuel efficiency.
- 2020 Honda HR-V – 369.6 miles (28 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Chevrolet Trax/Buick Encore – 392 miles (5.6 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 – 393.7 miles (3.9 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Toyota CH-R – 382.8 miles (14.8 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Jeep Renegade – 330.2 miles (67.4 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Ford EcoSport – 380.8 miles (16.8 miles than the 2020 Kia Soul)
Get Your Kia Soul at Kia of Muncie
It’s no wonder the Kia Soul consistently wins awards for best value. It’s a truly special vehicle and one we’re proud to carry! For more information on the 2020 Kia Soul, the fuel efficiency of Kia models or to schedule a test drive with a high-value, high-featured Kia SUV, contact us today!
Recent News from Kia of Muncie
The 2020 Kia Sportage towing capacity outpaces most rival models by delivering a fantastic fusion of power and capability across the entire lineup. It’s one of the few crossover SUVs able to deliver that balance of family-friendly driving and high tow ratings for those Marion drives. Learn about the 2020 Kia Sportage towing capacity ratings…
The upcoming Kia Sorento is getting a new design from top to bottom to enhance your Marion commute. Kia of Muncie has all the latest details on the upcoming vehicle to help you learn as much as you can before it’s released. If you can’t wait for the 2021 Kia Sorento, we still have the 2020 model…
As the largest vehicle in the Kia lineup, the Telluride already makes an impression around Marion and Anderson, but the 2021 Kia Telluride SX Prestige Package takes the SUV to new heights. Already a spacious family vehicle with seating for up to 8 (and nearly 90 cubic feet of cargo), the new Telluride interior…