2020 Kia Soul Fuel Tank Size & MPG
Fuel efficiency is an incredibly important thing to think about and shop for when buying a new car in Muncie. The amount you’ll spend on gas is, after all, a big part of your vehicle’s total-cost-to-own. When looking at the 2020 Kia Soul, fuel efficiency is more than just MPG: we must also look at both the fuel tank size and how many miles, on average, the 2020 Kia Soul gets.
How Big is the Fuel Tank in the 2020 Kia Soul?
The new Kia Soul benefits from a larger-than-average fuel tank which can hold up to 14.2 gallons of gasoline. The Kia Soul uses low-cost Regular Unleaded gasoline (octane 87 or higher), even in its turbocharged Exclaim (!) trim level.
When it comes to the Kia Soul’s competitors, you can see that the fuel tanks given to these vehicles often feel more comfortable sticking with the “subcompact” portion of the “subcompact crossover” class name.
- 2020 Honda HR-V – 13.2 gallons
- 2020 Chevrolet Trax/Buick Encore – 14 gallons
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 – 12.7 gallons
- 2020 Toyota CH-R – 13.2 gallons
- 2020 Jeep Renegade – 12.7 gallons
- 2020 Ford EcoSport – 13.6 gallons
2020 Kia Soul MPG & Driving Range
So how does this affect how far you can go between refueling? Working with the EPA-estimated 27 combined MPG of the Kia Soul LX, we get a total cruising range of 397.6 miles in every tank. We should also state that we don’t recommend ever driving until you’re empty, but in emergency situations, it’s nice to know how far you can go!
What cities can you visit with only one tank of gas in the 2020 Kia Soul?
- You could visit the music hotspot that is Nashville, TN.
- You could see the great arch and the free museums of St. Louis, MO.
- Travel north and west, and you’ll be able to see the beautiful Wisconsin state capitol of Madison, WI.
- What about the birthplace of the market automobile? That’s right, you can get to Detroit, MI.
- Heading further in that direction, cross the border and enjoy the beautiful Canadian city of London, ON.
- With its attraction-packed riverfront corridor and resurgent rust-belt charm, we have no doubt you’ll love Pittsburgh, PA.
(Please note that fuel efficiency will vary with driving conditions and behavior.)
Compare 2020 Kia Soul Range to the Competition
As you can see, the 2020 Kia Soul frees you to go further on the open road. How does the Soul’s range compare to its competition? Great question! Let’s look at the models to which we compared the fuel tank size earlier and see how far their tanks will let you get, also factoring in these models’ EPA-estimated fuel efficiency.
- 2020 Honda HR-V – 369.6 miles (28 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Chevrolet Trax/Buick Encore – 392 miles (5.6 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 – 393.7 miles (3.9 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Toyota CH-R – 382.8 miles (14.8 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Jeep Renegade – 330.2 miles (67.4 miles less than the 2020 Kia Soul)
- 2020 Ford EcoSport – 380.8 miles (16.8 miles than the 2020 Kia Soul)
If you like the performance and fuel economy provided by the Kia Soul but are on a budget, then consider a pre-owned Kia Soul at Kia of Muncie.
Get Your Kia Soul at Kia of Muncie
It’s no wonder the Kia Soul consistently wins awards for best value. It’s a truly special vehicle and one we’re proud to carry! For more information on the 2020 Kia Soul, the fuel efficiency of Kia models or to schedule a test drive with a high-value, high-featured Kia SUV, contact us today!
Recent News from Kia of Muncie
The Kia Sorento has truly been brought to a peak by an all-new redesign for the 2021 model year. Available for a starting price of $29,390 MSRP, the 2021 Kia Sorento interior is where this SUV really shines! There’s an ample amount of cargo space as well as interior features that compete with some of…
The Kia Forte has it all: performance, looks, and a comfortable interior. Take a closer look at the 2021 Kia Forte interior with Kia of Muncie to see what kind of features you can experience on every Marion drive. Then, feel free to explore our current new Kia Forte inventory at our Muncie Kia dealership. Browse Forte…
How much can a Kia Sorento tow? When properly equipped, the 2021 Kia Sorento can tow up to 3,500 pounds, allowing you to haul your fishing boat or pop-up camper across Marion with ease. Learn what else the 2021 Kia Sorento is capable of with Kia of Muncie. Then, browse our Sorento inventory online to find…